1. IS COLON HYDROTHERAPY SAFE?
Yes. In fact, with the Angel of Water, sessions are much safer and easier than the common enema.
2. HOW DOES A COLON HYDROTHERAPY TREATMENT COMPARE TO AN ENEMA?
An enema only reaches the rectum and lower part of the colon, whereas with colon hydrotherapy the entire length of the colon is reached and it is many more times effective. According to learned centenarian Dr. Norman Walker, "One colon irrigation is equivalent to 30 enemas."
3. DO THE TREATMENTS HURT?
No. In fact many people report their colon hydrotherapy sessions as being both refreshing and relaxing.
4. HOW MUCH OF THE INTESTINES ARE ACTUALLY CLEANSED DURING A COLON HYDROTHERAPY TREATMENT?
It is possible to cleanse the entire length of the colon during a professionally administered session. The small intestine is not specifically involved; however, the small intestine may be cleansed with the help of an oral intestinal cleanser.
5. ARE THERE ANY CONTRAINDICATIONS TO COLON HYDROTHERAPY USING THE ANGEL OF WATER?
Recent colon surgery
Recent rectal surgery
Recent abdominal surgery
Congestive heart failure
Carcinoma of the rectum
Fissures or fistula
First or last trimester of pregnancy
Cirrhosis of the liver.
*Professionally administered colon hydrotherapy is otherwise very safe.
6. IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY OF BACTERIAL OR VIRAL CONTAMINATION FROM PRIOR USE OF THE COLON HYDROTHERAPY EQUIPMENT?
The Angel of Water system uses single-use, sterile rectal nozzles. The use of sterile disposables coupled with the implementation of the Angel of Water's multi-stage sanitation protocol with EPA registered disinfectants leaves no danger of contamination.
7. HOW LONG DOES A SESSION TAKE?
Actual session time is about 30-40 minutes, but you should plan on about 1 ½ hours for your first consultation with session.
8. DOES HAVING A MENSTRUAL PERIOD AT THE TIME OF A COLON HYDROTHERAPY SESSION HAVE ANY EFFECT ON THE EXPERIENCE?
No. Some consider it a good time to have a session since your body is already cleansing. Your flow will not interfere with the success of the session. However, some women prefer to wait until after their period is over to do a cleansing session.
9. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO PREPARE FOR A COLON HYDROTHERAPY CLEANSING?
Refrain from eating about 2 hours before the cleansing, be as relaxed as possible and maintain a positive, cheerful attitude.
10. WILL I EXPERIENCE ANY INTESTINAL DISCOMFORT OR FATIGUE AFTER THE CLEANSING?
Usually not, but everyone is different. Some report a slight feeling of tiredness, but this is similar to the feeling you have after exercising vigorously. After a session, sipping warm liquids is usually very soothing. If you have concerns, consult with your colon hydrotherapist.
11. CAN I WORK DIRECTLY AFTER HAVING COLON HYDROTHERAPY?
Yes. You can work just as you would after a regular bowel movement.
12. WILL I BE LEFT ALONE DURING THE ANGEL OF WATER COLON HYDROTHERAPY SESSION?
No. A certified Angel of Water practitioner will be monitoring you throughout the session for both your comfort and safety.
1. How long is an ionic detox foot bath session?
The actual session time is 35 minutes; however you should plan on about 1 hour for your first consultation with session.
2. Are there contraindications to ionic detox foot bath sessions?
If you have a concern about your health or the appropriateness of an ionic Detox foot bath session for you, you should consult your physician or licensed healthcare practitioner. Contraindications for the use of an ionic Detox foot bath session include, but may not be limited to:
Individuals with a pacemaker or any other battery-operated or electric implant.
Individuals who are on heartbeat regulating medication.
Pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers.
Organ transplant recipients.
Individuals that have had an organ removed, especially the colon.
Individuals taking a medication, the absence of which would mentally or physically incapacitate them, e.g., psychotic episodes, seizures, et cetera.
Individuals with epilepsy or seizure disorder.
Individuals who are hemophiliacs.
Individuals who have open wounds on their feet.
3. What should I do to prepare for an ionic Detox foot bath session?
Drink plenty of water before and after the session to maintain optimal hydration. Be as relaxed as possible.
4. Why is the foot tub copper?
The copper acts as an additional conductor thereby making the session all that more powerful. It is handmade and 100% copper and does not contain beryllium. Beryllium is a carcinogen and it is what creates the green patina or tarnish.
5. Why does the water change color?
This is due to a reaction between the particles in the water (such as chlorine or magnesium); the salt added to the water; the metals in the array; and the alkalinity or acidity of the person being bathed. Detergents or other substances which may be present on the skin (for example, bacteria or dead skin cells) will also cause a color change.